Wean Yourself from Anxiety Medications with Subliminal Messages
According to Anxiety Disorders Association of America, there are more than 40 million adults who are suffering from anxiety disorder, making it the leading psychological illness in the country. Usually, if you are diagnosed with it, one of the very first things doctors do is to recommend certain medications.
True, these drugs do work—but only after a certain period. Almost always, the body adapts to the chemicals, rendering the treatment of anxiety useless. The next step is for the doctor to increase the dosage. This is, however, dangerous, as there’s a huge chance you will develop prescription dependence or abuse.
It is therefore important you can discover ways on how to treat anxiety attacks even without using any form of medication.
The following tips may be helpful:
1. Reduce stress. Stress is the most common factor why you develop anxiety. When you have a very high level of stress, you cannot think clearly. Your body is completely imbalanced. Physically, your heart beats faster, you sweat profusely, and you suffer from dizziness or lightheadedness.
You know what they say: “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.” Find a good time to de-stress each day. It doesn’t have to last for hours. A two fifteen-minute break from your work schedule can already do wonders.
2. Exercise. Exercising doesn’t only keep your body fit but it also enhances your emotional well-being. Doing some exercises boosts the production of endorphins, hormone-like elements produced by the brain. They can reduce pain and increase euphoria or positive feeling.
Running, taking up sports, or walking can also relax the muscles, which are usually uptight when you’re anxious.
3. Talk to a professional. You can look for an anxiety or psychological counsellor who will help you manage your illness more effectively.
However, before you do that, determine your type of anxiety, and there are many. These include social anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, agoraphobia, and post-traumatic stress disorder. You need to know what specific anxiety you have, since the anxiety help should be suited to your needs.
4. Use subliminal messages. Subliminal messages are often called affirmations since they are positive statements that can help improve your manner of thinking. Some of these affirmations may be the following:
There is definitely nothing to fear in life.
I live in the here and now.
I enjoy the present.
I am grateful for the opportunity to enjoy the moment.
I can live a worry-free life.
When you repeat these subliminal messages, your mind-set will start to change. You’ll learn to enjoy what you have in the present than worry too much about the future.
These subliminal messages are available in CDs and DVDs, so you can play them over and over with ease.
5. Practice proper breathing. Breathing properly can greatly reduce a lot of anxiety symptoms such as irregular heartbeat, irrational thinking, and tensed muscles. What’s more, once you learn the techniques, you can do it immediately. Proper breathing can also be utilized together with subliminal messages.