Use Twitter Marketing for Your Business Effectively
With millions of followers all over the world, including big-time companies and A-list celebrities, Twitter is definitely one of the hottest sites to ever hit the Internet. It is also a very powerful tool, if you are going to use it wisely.
If you’re into business, you should consider Twitter marketing as one your strategies. And to help you out with your objective, start with these suggestions:
1. Create an honest but enticing profile about your business. You want to make sure you stick true to your company’s brand or objective. It should reflect in your Twitter username and Bio section. Add your website link too in the Web section. It doesn’t only increase your traffic, but it also boosts your page rank.
2. Develop a niche. Sure, you want to have hundreds to even millions of followers, but wouldn’t it be better if all of them would be very interested with your business? A good step is to search for people based on their interest and encourage them to follow you by coming up with an attractive introduction about yourself.
3. Run a promo. Here’s something not commonly employed by a lot of those who are doing Twitter marketing. If you want to increase your followers very fast, create a promo, contest, or anything that would tickle their fancy. You can give away things for free if they decide to follow you or if they can convince a certain number of people to do it.
4. Tweet but don’t spam. Many abuse Twitter, spamming their and their followers’ accounts with a lot of links. You don’t want to hard sell and annoy your followers. Here’s also another important thing to remember: share something relevant. You are limited to no more than 180 characters. Don’t waste space by saying something generic, boring, or irrelevant.
5. Share something good. Yes, you shouldn’t spam but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t share. You can definitely use Twitter for online viral marketing. How are you going to do that? Here’s an example: Say you’ve uploaded a cool video in YouTube. There it’s getting some hits, but you definitely want more. So you tweet the link to your friends. If they like it, they will share it to their own set of friends, and this process goes on and on.
6. Participate and encourage interaction. Don’t let it be a one-sided affair. Invite others to communicate with you. You can come up with polls, direct them to your blog, or just ask a question. If they have inquiries, answer them back, and make sure you do so promptly.
7. Follow those non-competing but related businesses. For instance, if you’re selling auto parts, you would probably follow those that sell cars. The purpose of doing so is to inform them that you exist, and who knows, with constant communication, it may lead to good business deals.
8. Use subliminal messages. Utilize subliminal message advertising. An example is adding a smiley at the end of your post. It may have nothing to do with your business, but if your followers get to see it often, their subconscious mind will immediately associate a smile to your business.