The Best Techniques to Marketing Yourself
Whether you’re applying for a job or opening a business, it’s important you know how to market yourself. Now just in case you don’t know where to start, you can begin with the following tips:
1. Decide who you want to be. Consider it as your own version of “unique selling proposition.” You just don’t want to belong to a crowd, but you should stand out among them. Do you want to be known as a field expert, a social entrepreneur, a green thumb, or a writer with a heart? You decide.
2. Use the different online marketing strategies. Let’s admit it, it’s much cheaper and more convenient for you to promote yourself online. One, there are plenty of tools to utilize, and a lot of them are free. Two, you can be in the Web 24/7, even if you’re not physically around. Third you can reach out to a very big market. If you know how to use the various online strategies, you can experience growth and a lot of profits at least in the first half of the year.
But what online techniques can you use? Here are some of them:
- Website creation
- Mailing lists
- E-mail marketing
- YouTube marketing
- E-book writing
- Marketing forums
- Blog commenting
- Social networking
- Social bookmarking
2. Don’t forget your offline techniques. Though more focus may be given to your online marketing strategies, you still have to perform offline tactics. After all, there are still a lot who are not online. The good news is plenty of the traditional offline techniques still work. You just have to innovate and add a more modern twist to them. These include the following:
- Business cards
- Trade fair participation
- Product samples
3. Make yourself reachable. The last thing you want to do is to let good opportunities pass by. It’s essential you make yourself available out there, so potential clients will find it easier to get in touch with you. Provide a business phone number and address. Give away your e-mail address. Let them know the best times to reach you.
4. Join organizations. Scour for associations or organizations that you think you ought to belong to. By being part of a group enhances your credibility and authority. You don’t get accepted by well-respected groups without going through rigid screening. It’s also a good venue to increase your network connection and find marketing experts who can be your mentors.
5. Inspire yourself with subliminal messages. Confidence is a vital key to self-marketing. Boost your self-esteem with subliminal messages. Each day, before you do anything else, look yourself in the mirror and think or recite the following:
I attract wealth and abundance.
I love myself.
I put high value in what I can do.
I am worthy of the blessings.
I deserve to succeed in life.
Note, though, that success doesn’t come immediately, so you need to be very patient.