Techniques for Effective Use of Positive Affirmations
If there are any areas in your life that you want to change and improve, you can make the change or improvement happen more easily with positive affirmations.
Positive affirmations are powerful positive thoughts or messages that are ingrained into the mind, especially the subconscious level, to create a generally positive environment in a person’s psyche. They are now quite popular and are widely used. Here are some effective and helpful techniques that you can try to make your affirmations more effective and more manifest in your life.
1. Stick to short and simple affirmations. Positive affirmations are quite powerful, so you don’t really need to make them long or complex. In fact, affirmations must be kept short, simple, and straight to the point. Using more complicated sentence structures can reduce the effectiveness of positive affirmations.
2. Know the peak hours of positive affirmations. Affirmations also have what could be called “peak hours”. These are the times during the day when using affirmations is most recommended. The peak hours include the time before you go to sleep and the moment after you wake up. In both instances, you are still and already unguarded, and you have a clearer head in those times than in the middle of your busy days. Aside from that, these peak hours are better because positive affirmations are most powerful when the mind is at its most relaxed state.
3. Make your own voice recording. One great technique in manifesting the positive results of positive affirmations is consistency and repetition. To make it easier for you to stick to your affirmations and affirm them on a regular basis, it would help if you make your own recording of the affirmations you want to apply in your life. According to experts, your own recordings may be more effective than the subliminal products that can be bought around because your mind recognizes your voice more easily and thus will automatically trust you.
4. Let them out. Do not just keep your affirmations to yourself. Make sure to get the word out so that the environment you are in will also be transformed in a positive way. This will cultivate the healthiest environment for a more positive mind. This way, you won’t be tempted to go back to your old negative habits because your environment is already programmed to constantly drive positive messages into your head. Always pursue the affirmations with as much passion as you can. You can also write them down and make stickers so you can put them in key areas where you can see them easily.
5. Repeat them often. Do not let your guard down when you’re on a positive affirmation project. Continuously feed your mind with these affirmations. A mind that is constantly bombarded with these affirmations will naturally be more alert and focused, and will therefore be more effective in manifesting the affirmations in your life. But if you do not repeat the affirmations continuously, you are giving distractions the chance to butt in and poison your mind.