Succeed As A Leader in 5 Steps with Positive Affirmations
Do you think you are really meant to be a follower? Have you resigned yourself to gazing admiringly at leaders chalking up all the glory, attention, authority, and admiration?
Many people have an inkling that they are born to be leaders, but they never reach as far in their goals because of their own belief that they will not succeed. If you think that success is elusive, perhaps you are only using that as an excuse not to work hard enough to become a leader. You have the ability to become a leader and be a successful one. You only need to get rid of the things that are holding you back from that leadership position you’ve always secretly desired.
1. Know what leadership is all about. You won’t succeed as a leader if you don’t know what leadership entails. It is not about bossing people around and getting all the credit. Nor is it about being famous and admired. Being a leader is a responsibility to oversee things and people, and an opportunity to lead others toward a specific goal or change. If you keep your eyes balanced on both the perks and the responsibilities of being a leader, then you will have a clear idea of how to handle that position. It’s the first step in succeeding as a leader.
2. Try to be one. If you want to become a leader, don’t just wish to be one. Do something and try to be one. Whether it’s volunteering or submitting an application for the new leadership position that’s up for grabs, or performing steadily well so you can get promoted, you need to constantly work towards being a leader. You won’t ever reach the top if you don’t take the first step.
3. Get rid of negative thoughts. You should also cleanse your mind of all those negative thoughts that hold you back. Topmost of these are fear and doubt.
With fear, you need to tell yourself that there is nothing to fear in becoming a leader. With doubt, you need to believe 100% that you can make a good leader.
4. Replace them with positive affirmations. When you remove your fear and doubt, in their place you should put a lot of positive talk. Here are some positive thoughts to focus on:
I make a good leader.
I have the qualities of a good leader.
Leadership comes naturally to me.
I handle responsibility well.
I enjoy challenges.
I handle people well.
And when we say “focus”, we mean “constantly bombard your mind” with positive messages such as these. This is the concept of positive affirmations, or subliminal messages. By constantly filling your head with these messages, you are feeding the subconscious mind with positive beliefs. The subconscious, being in charge of our actions and behavior, starts to lead us down the right path towards successful leadership, because it is filled up with positive fuel.
5. Watch subliminal videos every night. If you really want to become a successful leader, invest in subliminal videos designed to send positive subliminal messages about leadership to your subconscious. All you have to do is watch them every night and you will feel miraculously empowered to become the best leader you can be.