Key Principles in the Use of the Law of Attraction
Hailed as “the secret” behind many monumentally successful people in history, the law of attraction has indeed attracted quite a number of followers in recent years. The gist of the law is this simple: whatever you think about will be attracted into your life and will ultimately become reality. It is known as the secret to creating the kind of life you’ve always wanted, using nothing but the power of your mind.
The subject is explored in length in the self help book and documentary movie, both of which are entitled “The Secret.” The book and movie are the perfect companions for anyone who need help in achieving goals, dreams, and desires, both big and small.
However, not everyone who tries using the law of attraction find what they’re looking for. Despite the simplicity of the concept, there are some things that may hinder this secret from working its magic in our lives. Thus, here are some key principles you should know about applying the law of attraction in your life.
1. Not all things we desire are possible for us at any given time. Some things take time, so not all things may instantly come to reality in our lives when we start attracting them with the power of our minds. Sometimes, they take a long time to come, but the question of whether they will or will not eventually come depends on how you continuously attract them with your thoughts.
2. Your conscious and subconscious desires should be in harmony. Sometimes, your conscious and subconscious desires contradict each other. Unless they are in harmony, you cannot expect the law of attraction to work for you. The mind will not know which of the two opposite desires it needs to work on.
3. The Law of Attraction is based on the belief that there is a superior force at work in the universe. If you are an atheist or a skeptic, the law of attraction may not work for you. Before you can believe and apply the law of attraction, it is crucial that you also believe in a Higher Being or Force that is in charge of the universe, whatever you choose to call it.
4. You have to clean up your mind first. If you want the law of attraction to bring positive things into your life, you have to think positive thoughts too. The problem is, a lot of people who learn about the law do so at a point in life when they have already accumulated too many negative thoughts and emotions. Thus, when they start applying the law, their mind attracts negative things as a result of their negative thoughts and emotions. So be careful; remember to clean up your mind first before you start working on the law of attraction. One good way to clean up the mind is through meditation.
5. The law works for both material and spiritual desires. Most people only focus on their material desires when they use the law of attraction in their lives. But don’t forget that the law of attraction should also be used to attain a higher level of spiritual achievement in life. Since material things do not provide total fulfillment, you will never feel truly happy and content unless you also work on your spiritual achievements using the law of attraction.