How to Remain Strong when the World Is against You
Whether you like it or not there will be times when you feel like you’re all alone. The rest of the world are busy pursuing opportunities, and here you are, seemed like stuck. Sometimes you feel unwanted, rejected, and unloved even by the people who matter most to you.
You cannot, however, let these types of emotions control you. Else, it would not take a long time before you break down and fall into intense depression. There are some ways on how you can keep your head up and remain strong even if you’re all alone.
1. Enjoy the moment. You can be alone without being lonely. The trick there is to relish the moment. The period of aloneness will not last for a very long time. By then, when you’re caught up with building and maintaining relationships, you’d wish you can have some time all by yourself. Once you begin to appreciate your solitude, you’ll realize being alone isn’t so bad after all.
2. Appreciate what you’re going through. You may find yourself in such a state because you’ve also treated other people that way. When they need you, you aren’t really there. Use the period of sadness and loneliness as a time to learn your lesson. Perhaps it’s high time that you know how to put more value into your relationships.
3. Fill your days with affirmations. Now is the time to draw a lot of strength within yourself. You can accomplish that by using affirmations or subliminal messages. Fill your life with the following messages:
I am capable of loving other people.
I am created strong.
I can feel the love and warmth of the spirit of the universe within me.
I consider this moment as a time to nurture my spirit.
There’s a time for everything.
You can incorporate these affirmations or subliminal messages when you’re visualizing or meditating. So you’ll always be reminded with them, you can save their mp3 versions in your iPod or you can purchase healing cards.
4. Don’t blame yourself. You may have made mistakes in the past that led you to where you are now. However, blaming yourself doesn’t get you anywhere either. It makes you either wallow more in self-pity or hate yourself or others for what you’re going through. Tell yourself, “I forgive myself for the mistakes I did” or “I’m thankful for the lessons this is giving me.”
5. Continue loving. There’s no rule that says you cannot continue to love if other people are not willing to accept it. This is a good time to prove your selfless love. It would be very hard, as there will be plenty of rejections. Nevertheless, you love because you know how to and because it makes you a much better and happier person.
6. Forgive. You need to learn how to forgive yourself and others. Unless you know how to, you’ll always think that no one really cares for you. Hatred and indifference often prevent you from accepting love and support from others.