How to Be The Best Friend Anyone Can Have
Any friendship hits some rough spots. Most people build a lot of friendships but eventually let these friendships dissolve for many different reasons. It could be that they’ve gone separate ways and have drifted apart due to the distance, or maybe they’ve lost time for each other. Broken friendships could also be caused by disagreements and other conflicts. For some people, the difficulty lies in deepening the friendship. They settle for being just plain friends and do not have deep friendships.
Having a best friend or a deep friendship with someone can help you in many ways. You will have a constant source of support and the assurance that you are always loved and cared for by someone, no matter what happens. Having a best friend means having someone to go to with all your random stories and someone you can call to do stuff with at any time.
And if you have the qualities of the best friend anyone can ever have, it would be easy to meet and become friends with a lot of people, so you can have a healthy social life.
Unfortunately, making, deepening, and keeping friendships is harder than you think. The good news is, here are some tips on how you an be better at it.
1. Be More Open and Communicate. To create new friendships, make existing friendships deeper, and maintain friendships, you have to keep up the communication between you and your friend. It is also not enough to just keep in touch with the usual hellos. To make a friendship deeper, you have to tell stories about your life, open up about your feelings and experiences, and make the other person a constant part of your life. A best friend should know practically everything that goes on in your life. Also, you cannot be best friends with someone without telling them your innermost feelings and thoughts. This is what differentiates a friend from a deep friend.
So if you want to be someone’s best friend, you have to be more open and to keep in touch on a constant basis.
2. Learn How to Listen. Being a best friend requires the ability to listen. It’s not just about patiently waiting for your friend’s ramblings to end. To be a best friend, you need to really listen to your friend. Listening should be coupled by an understanding of what your best friend is saying and also understanding the things that do not need to be said. You have to understand not just the stories, but also how your friend feels.
3. Choose the Best Relationships to Nurture. It is hard for a person to have the several friendships at the same level. Close friendships need time and energy to nurture. You cannot build a deep bond with a large group of friends since your time and energy will be divided. If you really want to have the deepest possible friendship with one or a certain number of people, you have to identify the friends you want to have deeper bonds with. With friends, quality is more important than quantity.
4. Make Yourself A Naturally Nurturing Person. Nurturing friendships require a lot of effort. Fortunately, you can make yourself a naturally nurturing person with the help of subliminal messages.
Subliminal messages are sent directly to your subconscious, which rules your impulses, instincts, habits, behavior, and actions. There are subliminal products designed specifically to help instill the qualities of a best friend into your personality. If you listen to subliminal MP3s or watch subliminal videos, you won’t even notice how the change happens, but you will:
- Find yourself automatically valuing friends more and on a deeper level
- Know and be constantly reminded how important your friends are
- Subconsciously find the time and energy to give to your friends
- Impulsively look for your friend in key times and events in your life
- Automatically turn to your friend in good or bad situations
- Feel motivated to maintain the friendship for as long as you can