Get Yourself To Stay Calm Under Pressure In 5 Steps
Do you often get easily stressed when faced with a lot of pressure? Demanding and difficult situations cannot be prevented in life. Every day, we are exposed to factors that can cause pressure in our lives, either from our jobs, personal lives, relationships, and so on. Even the sports we play for our hobbies can add to the overall pressure we receive in life.
In short, pressure is a part of life. There is no way to avoid it, but you can protect yourself from it and from its negative effects. Here’s how:
1. Take time to breathe. Whenever you feel pressured, the first thing to do is stop to breathe. When you breathe deeply and slowly, focus your mind on every breathe you take. This will help calm you down, and it will also clear the clutter in your mind. Moreover, shallow breathing can further aggravate your anxiety. So just take a few minutes to breathe; you will surely feel energized afterwards.
2. Use pressure as a motivation. Can you really believe that some people need pressure to perform? This is because they use pressure as a positive motivator. Whenever they feel pressured, they take it as a sign to do something to improve their situations. This way, pressure has a positive effect on them. Instead of making them worried, pressure makes them more alert and focused. Once you get used to it, you’ll even find yourself performing better when you’re pressured.
You can apply this in your life too. All you have to do is reprogram your mind to make it see pressure positively. You can do this by sending positive subliminal messages to your subconscious mind. Your subconscious is what controls your uncontrollable responses, so you can just influence your subconscious to react positively to pressure.
You can use subliminal messages such as:
I stay calm under pressure.
I remain focused and calm under any circumstances.
I am relaxed when faced with pressure.
I thrive under pressure.
I perform at my best in the face of pressure.
Pressure energizes me.
3. Don’t force yourself. Sometimes the pressure in our lives come from ourselves. There are times when situations don’t ask for too much, but we place too high expectations on ourselves. Even if there is time to rest, we don’t. So watch out for the negative habit of overworking yourself. If you feel too pressured, don’t force yourself to finish whatever it is you are doing, regardless of how urgent it is. With pressure weighing you down, you won’t get anywhere even if you try so hard.
4. Take care of yourself. You can improve your physical and mental ability to cope with pressure by taking good care of yourself. If you eat healthy foods, have sufficient energy, get enough exercise, and get enough rest, your body and mind won’t easily succumb to pressure.
5. Surround yourself with positive things and people. One way to keep yourself sane and strong in the face of pressure is to surround yourself with positive things and people. This will send positive affirmations to your mind and protect it from the incapacitating effect of pressure. Putting an inspiring photo or watching subliminal videos can help you become a positive person despite a pressured life.