Done with Your Reading List? Advice from Four Most Impactful Self Help Books
Do you want to improve and enrich your life with new ideals, beliefs, and thoughts? Here are the top five self help books that can help plant the powerful seed of positive thinking into your mind.
1. Think and Grow Rich. A motivational book designed for those on their way to the top, especially the younger audience, Think and Grow Rich delves into the concept of living a rich, productive, and abundant life using the power of positive thinking. The book was written in a surprisingly bleak backdrop for a self help book: the Great Depression. Author Napoleon Hill churned out timeless tips on how to grow rich. This book does not promise a “get rich quick” scheme, but a strategic plan on how you can achieve success and sustain it. The book’s main advice includes:
- Don’t be afraid to explore new technological innovations for more opportunities
- Make plans and stick to them
- Don’t be afraid to fail
2. The Secret. The Secret is one of the most powerful self help books of the modern world. The Secret reveals the secret to living a successful, fulfilled life and to getting what you want out of life. The self help book revolved around the idea of sticking to positive thoughts and steering clear from negative ones. This is one of the most phenomenal books that delved on the topic of powerful positive thinking.
Here are some subliminal messages we can pick up from the bestselling self help book.
- The universe likes speed. Don’t delay, don’t second guess, don’t doubt.
- It’s impossible to bring more money into your life when you are noticing you do not have enough.
- People who have drawn wealth into their lives…think thoughts of abundance and wealth, and they do not allow contradictory thoughts to take root in their minds.
3. Ten Days to Self Esteem. Ten Days to Self Esteem is an effective self help book with a single objective: boosting your self esteem. The book is written by David Burns in a clear and methodical manner that helps the reader identify problem areas in his or her life before moving on to the empowerment stage.
The book’s main message is that negative feelings do not result from bad things that occur in your life but from the way you view or think about these events. The book guides the reader through ten steps on how to improve their self esteem.
4. Get Out Of Your Own Way: Overcoming Self-Defeating Behavior. Authors Mark Goulston and Philip Goldberg join efforts in coming up with a book that is designed to help those who are sabotaging their own chances at a fulfilled life. The book provides practical easy-to-apply insights that helps the person understand the things he himself is doing to hinder his own fulfilment. The book explains various behavioural patterns to make the person understand himself better and teaches how to get out of those patterns.