Different Uses of Subliminal Messages
Have you ever talked to anyone who uses subliminal messages? If you aren’t familiar with subliminal messages yet, then you are missing out on a lot of possible benefits you can enjoy. And these benefits can make a significant difference in many areas of your life. Subliminal messages are now widely used these days, and they are now used for a variety of purposes.
But first, let’s take you through the basics. Subliminal messages are messages that are sent to the subconscious mind; they are delivered to you so fast that your conscious mind won’t register them. The subconscious, however, absorbs them right up. Since your conscious mind is not able to even register the messages, it cannot reject the idea sent to your subconscious mind.
In general, subliminal messages can influence you to act and think a certain way. Thus, thanks to their benefits, these messages have found a role to play in many situations.
1. Advertising. One of the areas where subliminal messages are used quite rampantly is the advertising world. There have been a lot of news about ads containing subliminal messages. In fact, they have become quite controversial because people are afraid that the ads might influence them against their will. Subliminal messaging experts, however, assure consumers that subliminal messages only reinforce desires, needs, and wants that are already in their minds, and cannot plant new needs and wants. Still, people remain curious about whether ads really use subliminal messages and how far these messages really go.
The biggest debate is whether the use of these messages is ethical in the world of advertising. And since there is no way to know whether the messages are really used intentionally, this debate might just keep on going.
2. Music. The music industry has also been linked to the use of subliminal messages. Many musicians have been reported to use such messages in their songs. These songs have become quite controversial too because most of them were reported to use messages of a sexual or violent nature because these are the themes that send off the strongest effects to the general public.
3. Personal development. Now, the best and most beneficial use of subliminal messages is for self development. This is also the most profitable subliminal messaging industry as more and more people invest money on subliminal products in order to achieve certain goals and dreams. The products include videos, audio CDs, MP3 files, and so on. These products are designed for many different purposes, such as:
- Enhancing confidence
- Quitting smoking
- Quitting alcoholism
- Improving sports performance
- Improving sexual performance
- Breast enlargement
- Weight loss
- Weight gain
- Skills development
And many others. The most popular use is in creating a more positive mind to improve the general state of mind of a person. By making a person more positive, he or she will become healthier in all aspects of life and will attract positive things into his or her life as well. This is now being revealed as the big “secret” of successful people and is currently the hottest topic in the world of self help.