A 5-Step Guide to Easy and Effective Self Hypnosis
Hypnosis is becoming more and more popular, especially now when it is being used for personal development. But since hypnotherapy treatments can be quite expensive, people are discovering the wonders of self hypnosis.
If you have any changes you want to make in your life or your personality, you can use self hypnosis to make it happen more quickly, easily, and effectively. You don’t need to pay a hypnotherapist for it too. All you have to do is learn how to hypnotize yourself, and that can even be done online. Here’s how:
1. Find the perfect setting. The first, and perhaps the most important step, is to find the perfect setting where you can do your hypnosis sessions. This is very important since the setting can determine whether the hypnosis session will be successful or not. If you are in the wrong place, then chances are that you’ll find difficulty with the process.
So choose a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed and where there is a comfortable place to sit in. It is better to just sit; avoid reclined positions since you might fall asleep. Make sure that you are seated comfortably. Do not cross your legs or take any position that may eventually get tiring since you expect yourself to stay in the same position for quite a while.
2. Find the perfect timing. Aside from choosing the right location, it is also important to choose the right time. If you are about to leave in twenty minutes, you won’t be able to concentrate because of the time pressure. If you plan on making self hypnosis a habit, try to do your sessions at around the same time on a consistent schedule.
3. Regulate your breathing. Do deep breathing exercises to regulate your breathing. This way, breathing comes naturally and you are perfectly comfortable. This will lessen the chance for distractions and discomfort.
4. Enter a deep trance. When you’re ready, close your eyes and try to empty your mind. At first, you may find this difficult since thoughts will keep on entering your mind. However, with a lot of practice, you can clear up the clutter in your mind. One good technique is to choose one thought or message to focus on.
After some time, you will start to feel relaxed. Now, imagine a stairway with ten steps. You are standing at the top. From the fifth step of the stairs down to the bottom, everything is submerged in water. Imagine yourself climbing down the steps one by one. Count the steps as you go; concentrate all your attention on the numbers. You will feel yourself falling deeper and deeper into complete relaxation as you go down each step. Once you reach the water, imagine yourself immersing in a place of cleanliness and purity. Let yourself enter the relaxed state completely.
5. Access your subconscious. Once you’re in the relaxed state, you can now send subliminal messages to your subconscious and the messages will be freely accepted and absorbed. Use messages that are short, simple, direct to the point, and positively written. Make sure they specifically address the problem that you want to address or the change that you want to apply in your life.