8 Tips to Experiencing a Fabulous Morning
How important is it to feel good in the morning? When your morning does not feel right, then the rest of the day will not be. But how do you avoid waking up at the wrong side of the bed? These tips may be handy:
1. Sleep early and well. If you should wake up early, then better make sure you go to sleep early. Nothing beats getting your much-deserved rest. Though you can still function even if you lack sleep, you cannot expect yourself to be functioning well. You will feel tired and sluggish, as well as irritable.
2. Clear your mind of worries. Try your best to get rid of worries and problems at least for the next 6 to 8 hours. Worries can cause a lot of stress, and when you are stressed, you cannot sleep very well. In fact, these can trigger nightmares.
There are many ways on how to cope with stress before you sleep. You can take a bubble bath or meditate. You can also use subliminal messages or affirmations. Before you hit the bed, repeat the following words:
I will not be taking stress and worries with me when I go to bed.
I welcome a good night’s sleep.
I feel relaxed and happy.
3. Do not read the papers. Is it your habit to grab the morning newspaper? It is actually a good idea not to do so, at least while you are eating. One of the best ways to enjoy the morning is to savor everything good about it, such as the food you are eating. Besides, you may come across bad news in newspapers, which may spoil your entire day.
4. Use affirmations. You can also use subliminal messages very early in the morning. Before you do anything else, you can stand in front of the mirror and tell yourself that it is going to be a good day and that you are looking forward to beautiful opportunities for the next 24 hours.
5. Prepare everything you need the night before. Your mornings should be extremely relaxed. You cannot spend the next 1 to 2 hours before work desperately searching for papers, clothes, and everything you need. Mind you, it can lead to a lot of stress.
6. Exercise. If you can squeeze a little time for exercise, then do so. Exercise can actually energize you. It helps release a large dose of endorphins so you will feel happier. It also eases tensed nerves and muscles and boosts your immune system, making it easier for you to deal with anxiety and stress. Fifteen minutes is already enough.
7. Eat healthy. Be choosy with the food you eat, especially with what you take early in the morning. If you can, substitute coffee with fresh fruit juice or smoothie. Consider whole grains like oats so you will feel full but not bloated.
8. Meditate. Just like affirmations, you can begin the day with meditation. It keeps you more focused on the present and gets rid of the clutter in your mind.